Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week of March 28 - April 1, 2016

Here’s a peek at next week:

Spelling words: NO Spelling Assessment this week!

Phonics- None

Reading: Daily 5 with emphasis on beginning, middle and ending, finding evidence in text to support answer and retelling the story. What was the author's purpose? This week we will be reviewing skills we have already learned. (Text features and comprehension strategies) We will also learn about poetry ( Haiku/Senses and Emotions poems as well as cinquain and autobiographical poems.)


L.Arts:  We will review a sentence. What does it need? What is a subject? What is a predicate? How can I signal my reader that I am starting my thought? How can I am show them that I have finished my thought?

Writing Workshop: Students will review and begin a new opinion piece of writing. Students will form an opinion and write a review about a book, movie, restaurant or store. They will have the opportunity to choose what they would like to write about. What are some important details I need to include in order to convince my reader?  How should I introduce my topic? Should I share how I feel about it? Should I compare it to other like places?

Math: Students will continue going over MAP review skills. We will review addition, subtraction, even, odd, polygons, number lines, story problems, time, graphing, base ten, etc. 

Science: Students will begin to learn about seeds and flowers. They will have the opportunity to observe what happens when  plants are not given light, soil or water vs. others that are cared for. Students will be able to label the parts of the plant and observe the inside of a seed. We will think about what plants need to grow and live. 



                                             Homework 
No homework this week! Enjoy your time reading a good book! 


Be on the Look Out

Please see the report card for permission slip. First graders will have the opportunity to go to  The University of Georgia Vet School for the day on April 1st. We will be gone from school from 8:30 until 1:45. We will take our lunches with us to enjoy a delicious sack lunch together. 
 Please sign and return permission form ASAP.:)



                                 First Grade Play E-I-E-I-OOPS!


The first grade students will present three performances of the musical drama "E-I-E-I-Oops" on Thursday, March 31st. Our performances will be at 9:00, 10:15 a.m., and 7:00 p.m. 

** Students will need to wear jeans for dress rehearsal on Tuesday, March 29th and they will need to wear jeans on Thursday, March 31st, the day of the performance. ****



Spring Break
Rocky Branch Elementary School will be out of school from April 2nd to April 10th. We hope that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Spring Break!

Upcoming Events

3/25--Miss Donna from the Bogart Library will come for story time

3/31-- E-I-E-I- Oops Play at 9:00, 10:15 and 7:00 pm

4/1--1st Grade Field Trip Vet School

4/4-4/8-- Spring Break

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment